[Mediawiki-l] One software for multiple websites

Ekompute .info ekompute at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 07:09:03 UTC 2011

Hi Platonides, it is hard to answer your question without a diagram, so I
try to explain it at one of my
webpage<http://computer-stuffs.jbdirectory.com/My_directory_layout>.
I hope my explanation is what you are seeking to find out. How would I know
which file is run when the user goes to www.example.net? Would it be the
corresponding LocalSettings.php?

On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 12:37 AM, Platonides <Platonides at gmail.com> wrote:

> Ekompute .info wrote:
> > Hi Platonides, thank you for your response.
> >
> > I put all my mediawiki files into one folder called "commonmediawiki". I
> > create separate folders for each website where I put the
> LocalSettings.php
> > and the image folder. These separate folders (for each website), together
> > with the "commonmediawiki" folder are one level below the html folder
> which
> > is given by my webhost.
> >
> > How to I interepret the following comment: "If you customize your file
> > layout, set $IP to the directory that contains the other MediaWiki files.
> It
> > will be used as a base to locate files."
>
> What file is run when the user goes to www.example.net ? Where is it
> mapped?

PM Poon