[Mediawiki-l] "Category: Noindexed pages" puzzle

Benjamin Lees emufarmers at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 23:57:40 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 2:55 PM, Anne Wilson <annew at kde.org> wrote:
> No.  Since it was created automatically I don't feel comfortable in messing
> with it.  It doesn't feel as though it should be handled as any normal
> category.  Do you know any reading about such automatically-created
> categories?

Purging doesn't cause any changes: it just forces the system to
regenerate some things.[0]  I think it's normal for categories to
exhibit this "sticky" behavior, and the job queue might also be
involved (but I might be misremembering and making the whole thing
up).

[0] http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Purge