[Mediawiki-l] mediawiki maintenance scripts DB connection error mysql

Brion Vibber brion at pobox.com
Tue Jan 11 14:25:37 UTC 2011

This can be set in your php.ini file; note that some systems use different
configuration files for Apache module, CGI, and command-line PHP. Check the
output of phpinfo() or php -i for a dump of configuration info including the
path to php.ini and the current values of all settings.

-- brion
On Jan 10, 2011 8:27 PM, "Joe Carbone" <joe-carbone at live.com> wrote:

> I am using a custom php and mysql installation and custom configurations
on top of that for each instance set ...

> When running a maintenance script, such as runJobs.php, I get an error:
>
> DB connection error: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
'/opt/mysql/var/lib' (111) (localhost)