[Mediawiki-l] SOLVED Re: skin issues, re: MediaWiki security release 1.16.1

David Benfell benfell at parts-unknown.org
Tue Jan 4 09:05:07 UTC 2011

On Tue, 04 Jan 2011, David Benfell wrote:

> 1) I don't want this dashed box in the first place.  Is there a way
> to tell mediawiki not to do this here?

Okay, I found the space at the beginning of the line.  Apparently
mediawiki understands that as a <pre> tag.  Curious, but okay.

> 2) How do I get line breaks back?

And I take it that <pre> intentionally does not insert line breaks
(this would make sense).

So arguably, the newer version of mediawiki is actually handling
this correctly, whereas, for some reason the older (1.16.0) did not.
But I'll leave that argument to others. :-)
--
David Benfell <benfell at parts-unknown.org>
http://www.parts-unknown.org/