[Mediawiki-l] skin issues, re: MediaWiki security release 1.16.1

David Benfell benfell at parts-unknown.org
Tue Jan 4 08:21:36 UTC 2011

On Mon, 03 Jan 2011, David Benfell wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> On Tue, 04 Jan 2011, Tim Starling wrote:
>

> > I would like to announce the release of MediaWiki 1.16.1, which is a
> > security and maintenance release.
> >

> It appears to have broken my skin (sigh).  And I'm just beginning to
> figure out CSS.

No, that's not it.  The problem appears on one page at:
http://www.parts-unknown.org/mediawiki/index.php?title=EarthWiki:About

For some reason, which I've never figured out, the text immediately
following the Extensions heading appears in a dashed box.
Apparently, line breaks no longer occur automatically.  So now the
right margin is extended to accommodate this text.

[grumble... grumble... grumble...]

So here's the deal:

1) I don't want this dashed box in the first place.  Is there a way
to tell mediawiki not to do this here?

2) How do I get line breaks back?

Thanks!
--