[Mediawiki-l] Page closure warning when previewing changes

Neil Bird neil at fnxweb.com
Fri Apr 15 12:10:27 UTC 2011

Around about 14/04/11 17:42, Platonides typed ...
>>     Having now been bitten a few times by this (and. OK, it's really just
>> down to me being a numpty) I was wondering if there was an extension or
>> built-in option to pop-up a JavaScript warning if the user tries to close an
>> edit page that has a “changes preview” section (i.e., the current changes
>> haven't been saved yet).
>
> The Usability Initiative extension for 1.16 had a preference for that.
> Seems that it is now in Vector extension in 1.17.

   I have MW 1.16.0 with both the UsabilityInitiative (Version 0.1.1) and
Vector (Version 0.2.0) already;  where am I looking?  The online wiki pages
for these only seem to talk about the latest versions.

--
[neil at fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil at fnx ~]# ls -l .signature