[Mediawiki-l] Email Notification for watchlist changes

Jon Bartlett Jon.G.Bartlett at gsk.com
Sun Apr 3 11:16:55 UTC 2011

> Why would you want to know about the next change if you didn't pay a ttention to the current one to begin with?
> You are free to ignore them and then review a week worth changes in all articles that piled on your inbox.

On my Wiki - folks read the notification message, including the editors summary line, and decide if they want to open and read the full article (or edit it more). ...in theory.

My point is that people may re-read the wiki page only when theres something they want to contribute to.
This is why I want to turn on notification for all changes that are on a persons watchlist - and have them manage their watchlist properly.

...looks like I may have to delve into code then ! :-)

Jon.