[Mediawiki-l] Install on Windows Problem

Nat Colley nat.colley at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 2 02:36:49 UTC 2011

I agree that mismatched components defeats the purpose of a stack. I don't really know what is going on here. There was a link to a mysql forum thread about how to downgrade mysql to make it compatible with php, but a lot of the comments talked about just changing passwords. That's what I was hoping to accomplish in phpmyadmin. After I did that, as I say it connected to the database, but then I got this same error. You asked about the output of MW, well, that was it. So I refreshed and then I was right back at the link that takes you to set up the first time, so clearly it did not install.
John Durant on this thread suggested starting over, not using a stack, and deleting any AMP files in add/remove programs and also in the registry. The only AMP files in my registry were old tomcat files from some program I was testing that needed them. I have deleted them. I suspect the reason no other AMP shows up is a function of how the stack was put together. I did not see WAMP in either add.remove programs or the registry.