[Mediawiki-l] Accessing User's standard.js file?

Platonides Platonides at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 21:01:43 UTC 2010

Tech Geek wrote:
> I am trying to configure the "External Edit" feature in MediaWiki from [1].
> One of the things mentioned (recommended) in there is to put the following
> piece of code in User's .js file:
>
> addOnloadHook(function() {
>     var editTab = document.getElementById("ca-edit");
>     if (!editTab) return;
>     var editURL = editTab.getElementsByTagName("a")[0].href;
>     addPortletLink("p-cactions", editURL + "&externaledit=true", "EE",
> "ca-exted", "External editor", "");
> });
>
> I  am assuming that I might have to put this code in User's standard.js file
> [2].
>
> How do I access my personal standard.js file?
>
> My User page is accessible as follow:
> http://myserver/wiki/index.php/User:TechGeek
>
> Thanks
>
> [1] http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:External_editors
>
> [2]
> http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Interface/JavaScript#Personal_scripts

If you are using monobook skin that would be
http://myserver/wiki/index.php/User:TechGeek/monobook.js
If you are using vector skin,
http://myserver/wiki/index.php/User:TechGeek/vector.js
and so on.
There will be a common.js but that's not on a release yet.

Note that you can also choose "Use external editor" in your preferences
(but if it's not configured it will look like a download!).