[Mediawiki-l] update.php ignores LocalSettings in command line mode

Axel Rau Axel.Rau at Chaos1.DE
Tue Oct 26 17:54:54 UTC 2010

Am 26.10.2010 um 17:01 schrieb Daniel Barrett:

> I had to do this for our family of multilanguage wikis. My solution
> was to write a Linux shell script that accepts one parameter, the
> name of the site (e.g., BarbarasWiki), and:
>
> 1. Copies LocalSettings.php to a temp file (say, my-temp-file.php)
> 2. Appends site-specific settings (for BarbarasWiki or whatever) to
> my-temp-file.php
> 3. Invokes "cd /mywiki/maintenance && php update.php --aconf my-temp-
> file.php $@"

Thanks for responding.

I ended up renaming my schema to "mediawiki", running the update
script and renaming it back.
I did this for each schema/wiki.

Unfortunately update.php does not use one big transaction for the hole
stuff (that's why we use a RDBMs, right?), so I needed one db-restore
for each trial (-;

Axel
---
axel.rau at chaos1.de  PGP-Key:29E99DD6  +49 151 2300 9283  computing @