[Mediawiki-l] Upgrade Question

Benjamin Lees emufarmers at gmail.com
Sat Oct 23 21:23:35 UTC 2010

On Sat, Oct 23, 2010 at 12:32 PM, Christopher Eicher <predx97 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I would be upgrading from the media wiki 1.6 to 1.16 version.
Make sure your host has PHP 5 (rather than PHP 4).

> What files
> would I need to backup on the database and once done do I need to reinsert
> those files into the database or should the files in the database carry
> over?

You should back up your entire database.[0]  For the sake of
simplicity, you should also back up the entire wiki directory.  If the
upgrade goes smoothly, you will not need to re-import your backup.

[0] http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Backing_up_a_wiki