[Mediawiki-l] Benefits of using wiki in a corporate environment-how to convience?

Jack D. Pond jack.pond at psitex.com
Sun Oct 17 18:34:48 UTC 2010

TechGeek,

I think you'll find the answer to this question of "benefits of a wiki", in
the non-technical advice given by George:

Some good resources:

Shirky's "Here Comes Everybody" and "Cognitive Surplus" books, Tapscott and
Williams "Wikinomics" book and the many magazine and web articles that came
out of that linked off the Wikipedia article on Wikinomics.

There's a lot more; those will get you started.

And

I hate to use the word "wiki" because it seems to undervalue the concept of
collaboration by giving it a cute name.  You are correct inasmuch as the
technology is not the driving factor.  That's why this page might help your
efforts.

http://wiki.montcopa.org/MediaWiki/index.php?title=Main_Page