[Mediawiki-l] Fwd: my Mediawiki installation is not rendering books

Raymond M raymondsgroupmail at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 21:50:06 UTC 2010


At http://www.linux.com/archive/articles/141081  I got the insight to
increase the PHP memory in the php.ini file.  That seems to have been
the limitation that was preventing Extension:Collection and
Extension:PdfBook from PDF rendering via the pediapress.com site.

in php.ini:

; Maximum amount of memory a script may consume (128MB)
; http://php.net/memory-limit
; memory_limit = 128M  **what it was**
memory_limit = 384M




---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Raymond M <raymondsgroupmail at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 3:40 PM
Subject: my Mediawiki installation is not rendering books
To: mediawiki-l at lists.wikimedia.org


I had great help yesterday, so here goes today's question.

My mediawiki installation allows me to assign article pages to a Book,
save the Book, but not to download a .pdf or .odt

== MediaWiki 1.16.0 ==
2010-07-28

I have in my LocalSettings.php (yes, some commented out lines)

...
require_once("$IP/extensions/Collection/Collection.php");
$wgCollectionFormats = array( 'rl' => 'PDF', 'odf' => 'ODT',);
#$wgUseAjax = true;
#require_once("{$IP}/extensions/CategoryTree/CategoryTree.php");
#require_once("{$IP}/extensions/Book/Book.php");
require_once("{$IP}/extensions/PdfBook/PdfBook.php");
$wgGroupPermissions['user']['collectionsaveasuserpage'] = true;
$wgGroupPermissions['user']['collectionsaveascommunitypage'] = true;

When I am in the Manage Book I can add pages, see them listed as part
of the book, but when I click the download (either .pdf or .odt) the
browser screen goes blank.  I have made no attempt to move the
mw-render to the local machine, at least not so far.  My firewall and
port settings are just those per the Ubuntu 10.10 installation.

root at ubuntu1010servervm:/home/raymond# ping www.pediapress.com
PING www.pediapress.com (178.63.45.9) 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from pediapress.com (178.63.45.9): icmp_req=1 ttl=53 time=177 ms
64 bytes from pediapress.com (178.63.45.9): icmp_req=2 ttl=53 time=179 ms
64 bytes from pediapress.com (178.63.45.9): icmp_req=3 ttl=53 time=178 ms

Perhaps there is a standalone .php script I can attempt to debug the
problem.  Or can someone point me to better instructions on the
mw-render installation.



More information about the MediaWiki-l mailing list