[Mediawiki-l] Auto Updating Issue

Platonides Platonides at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 23:55:35 UTC 2010

mrthetooth wrote:
> I'm still having trouble with this issue.  Perhaps I'm missing something, but this seems to be a simpler version of how Wikimedia Commons' Template:potd works (http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Template:Potd).
>
> If anyone is familiar with the workings of the Picture of the Day on Wikimedia Commons, then perhaps they can answer my original two questions.

For greater efficiency, pages are cached. You can force to render the
latest version by purging the page (just add ?action=purge to the url),
that's a bit faster than a null edit.

The fact that it sometimes work and sometimes not may depend on the
exact time the page being viewed was cached.

You may try {{#time: F}} {{CURRENTDAY}} in case it performs better.