[Mediawiki-l] Problem with apostrophe and Noarticletext system message

Wikimini webmaster at wikimini.org
Thu Jun 10 21:37:31 UTC 2010

Hi !

I've just found a solution and maybe this can be helpful for someone else.

On my french wiki (1.15.1) it looks like I cannot create a link that
contains curly brackets ( {{ }} ) pointing to a title which contains an
apostrophe ( ' ). If this is the case the link is not rendered as an html
link.

*-- Example*---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I write [[{{fullpagename}}]] into a page whose title is Example'Example
the link is not rendered in html. I just see [[Example'Example]] after
publishing.

But if I write [[{{fullpagename}}]] into a page whose title is
ExampleExample (with no apostrophe) it works. I don't see the brackets
anymore and the word ExampleExample is bold (because I'm on the same page).

*-- Solution*---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the Mediawiki:Noarticletext message I finally had to replace :

[[Special:Search/{{FULLPAGENAME}}|Search for « {{FULLPAGENAME}} »]]

by :

[[Special:Search/{{FULLPAGENAMEE}}|Search for « {{FULLPAGENAME}} »]]

And it works now. The link is rendered as a clickable html link even if the
target page contains an apostrophe.

Well, I still need a solution for some other system messages (like
searchsubtitle <http://fr.wikimini.org/wiki/MediaWiki:Searchsubtitle>) which
has the same problem. But in this case I don't know how to replace the '
[[:$1]]'.

Maybe there is something better to do or to check ?

Laurent