[Mediawiki-l] moving many pages into a new namespace

Thomas Alexander Gerds tag at biostat.ku.dk
Mon Jun 7 07:32:37 UTC 2010

following up on my own question: do this using semantic inline queries
as follows.

to move all pages in the category "collaborator" into the namespace
"collaborator" use the maintance script moveBatch:

php moveBatch.php -u tag -r new-namespace -i 1 collMoveList.txt

for which one may generate the collMoveList with the following semantic
query:

{{#ask:[[Category:Collaborator]]
|?mainlabel
|?#=
|format=template
|template=formatMovePages
|limit=5000}}

the template:formatMovePages looks like this

{{{1}}}|Collaborator:{{{1}}}<br>

cheers tomy

--
sent from nil