[Mediawiki-l] Intermittent lost data in Symantec form submit [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Platonides Platonides at gmail.com
Fri Jun 4 21:38:11 UTC 2010

Castelow, Adam (Contractor) wrote:
> UNCLASSIFIED
>
> Product	 Version
> MediaWiki <http://www.mediawiki.org/> 	 1.13.3
> PHP <http://www.php.net/> 	 5.2.10-2ubuntu6.4 (apache2handler)
> MySQL <http://www.mysql.com/> 	 5.1.37-1ubuntu5.1
>
> We are experiencing a intermitted bug during data entry using Semantic
> Forms using IE. The bug seems limited mainly to users who have logged in
> for the first time. Further this issue appears to only affect users of
> IE.
>
> User creates account and log-in. User creates a new page using a form,
> enters data for all fields, hits the "Save Page" button and all the data
> is lost.  If they re-enter the data, then saves, the data is retained.
>
> No error messages are displayed.
> Any assistance welcome.
>
> Thank you Adam.
>
> IMPORTANT: This email remains the property of the Australian Defence
> Organisation and is subject to the jurisdiction of section 70 of the
> Crimes Act 1914. If you have received this email in error, you are
> requested to contact the sender and delete the email.

Bugs should be open at https://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/
Please also include the IE version at fault.

yaron will hopefully be able to help you there.
You may want to watch the network traffic to see the difference between
queries. Maybe the session wasn't properly set by IE on the first
request, the button deemed as pressed is different...