[Mediawiki-l] user access log

Chad innocentkiller at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 10:51:27 UTC 2010

2010/1/22 Edorta García González <edortagarcia at gmail.com>:
> thanx a lot, Chad.
>
> I'm going to try it :)
>
> How stable is it? known bugs?
>
> -edo
>
> 2010/1/22 Chad <innocentkiller at gmail.com>
>
>> 2010/1/22 Edorta García González <edortagarcia at gmail.com>:
>> > Hi there!
>> >
>> > How can i know when the users have loged-in in my wiki? There is a "log"?
>> > where?
>> >
>> > thank you!
>> >
>> > --
>> > "If there is a shell, there is a way"
>> >

>> Not by default. Most people find this scary. I made an extension to
>> do it though, see http://mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:StalkerLog
>>
>> -Chad

> --
> "If there is a shell, there is a way"

Should be pretty stable, it's really simple so there's not many
points of failure. Two minor notes:

1) Logout actions only work in MediaWiki 1.13 and above, when
the UserLogout hook was changed. If you're running the latest
stable release (1.15.1), this obviously isn't a problem anymore.

2) The log is (by default) viewable by anyone. You might want/need
to change this in your LocalSettings by disabling it for anonymous
users: $wgGroupPermissions['*']['stalkerlog-view-log'] = false; and
then enabling it for 'sysop' or whatever group you'd like to use the log.

-Chad