[Mediawiki-l] Please convince me to make my software open source (3)

Bernard@bernardHulsman.nl bernard at bernardhulsman.nl
Fri Jan 22 08:54:39 UTC 2010

Giuseppe Briotti wrote:

> Hi all, hi Bernard... probably, my response is a bit late, but I spent
> time reading (hopefully!) carefully all the answers...
>
> Thus, my 0,02$:
>
> I think that probably the correct question is: "Please convince me to
> make my business model" :-)
>
> I agree with others that probably, the SaaS business models require
> closed source. Thus, probably, no choice...
>
> IMHO the open source software implies a different business model,
> something similar to "partnership".
>
> Good luck, honestly,
>
> Giuseppe Briotti.

Giuseppe, the business model is my choice and I am free to decide an
other business model what is normally used. And the consequence of this
choice is completely to me, with succes or with failure.

I appreciate you all have been made suggestions. The start of the first
thread  was :

*Summery of my question* :
My conditions are :
*I decide if I make Wikibox Blue Open source
*I decide when Wikibox Blue will be Open source
*I decide on which conditions Wikibox Blue will be open source.

The last item is the implies the business model.

In my first attempted I had "good faith" in the community, which was
abused by a few people. Not the whole community.
I feel it is normal after your trust is abused you lose trust. You need
to regain that. That was also my question.

If you start asking a question, you do not know the answer. If you did
there is no need to ask a question.

Reading all the comments, I made my decision. I would prefer something
else, but in the current circumstance I can not afford doing something else.

Thanks for your reply Giuseppe.

With regards Bernard