[Mediawiki-l] Strange string (UNIQ3e6d296734fe3fa4-h-0--QINU) in front of headlines?

Christensen, Courtney ChristensenC at battelle.org
Tue Jan 19 13:53:47 UTC 2010

From: Claus Juhl Knudsen Sent: Tuesday, January 19, 2010 5:15 AM
>The following string (UNIQ3e6d296734fe3fa4-h-0--QINU) is appended right in
>front of an 'h1'-tag on my wikis homepage (see:
>http://www.wikisilkeborg.dk/index.php5/Forside) and again below, where I'm
>using the extension "NewPages" to display a list of the 10 most recent
>articles. Does anybody know what the problem might be? Any thoughts are more
>than welcome as this problem relates to the mainpage.
>
>UNIQ3e6d296734fe3fa4-h-0--QINU
>--
>Claus Juhl Knudsen

Hi Claus,

That string is a place holder that the parser puts in under certain circumstances.  Sometimes it only shows up the first time the page is parsed (try hard refreshing).  Other times you are stuck with it.  It usually has to do with how text is rendered through an extension.

Could you tell us a little more about your set-up?  Which versions of MediaWiki, your server, and MySQL are you using?

By the way the UNIQ--QINU problem is mentioned a lot in the mailing list archives and is probably also mentioned in the MediaWiki site if you care to Google a little.

Good luck!
-Courtney