[Mediawiki-l] become user as admin

Platonides Platonides at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 22:46:06 UTC 2010

Florian Effenberger wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> No. Why would you want to do it?
>
> for "ghostwriting" on behalf of other users. The admin of one of my
> wikis asked me. I agree it's quite unusual, but if there's a solution
> -- other than writing my own little script to exchange user's
> passwords "on the fly" -- let me know. :)
>
> Florian

So, the admin wants to make it look like someone else wrote a text that
in fact he didn't? Doesn't look a good idea :)
On any sensible community the admin would be able to write the text with
its account saying after signing / in the comment "On behalf of user X
who asked me during lunch to write this."
Instead of changing passwords, you could write the script to change
attribution for the edit.