[Mediawiki-l] Please convince me to make my software open source

Bernard@bernardHulsman.nl bernard at bernardhulsman.nl
Mon Jan 18 18:21:02 UTC 2010

Boris Steipe wrote:
> Also: in the information-based economy, an increasingly important
> part of the revenue of your activities is "mind-share". No better way
> to demonstrate your expertise to the world than to contribute
> something useful.
> B.

Boris. Thanks. That is indeed a good argument.  But then I must be able
to show that my expertise is indeed my expertise. My company is
Wikiation. The bundle extensions is named Wikibox Blue. The copyright is
and should stay mine!. That is. It can be GPL or an other Open Source
license what I chose. If I should loose that then I should loose
everything. I lost exclusive ownership of the software and I loose to
demonstrate my expertise.

Regards, Bernard