[Mediawiki-l] Real time wiki page editing problem

Dave Sigafoos davesigafoos at sanmar.com
Wed Sep 3 17:24:49 UTC 2008

I don't believe there is.  Remember that there is no locking as such going on.

The best answer we have found, when dealing with pages that may users may be editing for some time (collisions), is to put a 'underconstruction' graphic on the page.  That will warn the next user that brings up the page that someone is working on the page.

This works if a lot of work/time is being put into a page.

The other option is to learn how to merge well

DSig
David Tod Sigafoos | SANMAR Corporation
PICK Guy