[Mediawiki-l] Strange problem with search

Jim Hu jimhu at tamu.edu
Thu Jun 12 15:44:55 UTC 2008

Um... which logfile are you getting this from?  I was wondering more
about the httpd error log and expecting a php message like: FATAL
ERROR: something or other on line X in something.php.

Also, is the white screen of death dependent on any extensions?  I
recently found one with one of my extensions (PagesOnDemand/
PMIDonDemand - I wrote the latter, so it's my fault!) where a failure
condition didn't check to see whether creation of an article object
had succeeded, followed by trying to call a method on a non-object.
I'm wondering if either
a) and extension is sensitive to the specific page names that cause
the crash or
b) database damage is leading to failure to create a page that MW
thinks is there, but which doesn't have the right database entries.
That usually doesn't give the white screen of death, though.

Jim