[Mediawiki-l] Protected titles howto?

Benjamin Lees emufarmers at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 00:57:02 UTC 2008

On Sun, Jun 1, 2008 at 9:44 AM, Daniel Barrett <danb at vistaprint.com> wrote:

> How do you enable MediaWiki's "native protection of nonexistent pages"
> mentioned at:
>

> http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Project:Protected_titles#Method_1:_Protecting_a_nonexisting_page_.28preferred.29
>
> I've searched meta and mediawiki.org but can't seem to find the
> instructions.
>
> I thought it might involve the page MediaWiki:Titleblacklist, but when I
> add entries, they don't seem to have an effect (1.13 alpha).  Also
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Special_page#Protected seems to imply
> this system message is just an alternate method.
>
> Thanks!
> DanB

You don't need to do anything to enable MediaWiki's native protection of
nonexistent pages: Protect them in the same manner you would protect an
existing page (index.php?title=foo&action=protect, or do it the slow way and
search for the page, click to create it when prompted, and then select the
"protect" tab).

--
Arr, ye emus, http://emufarmers.com