[Mediawiki-l] value displayed by {{NUMBEROFEDITS}} doesn't change after edits

DanTMan dan_the_man at telus.net
Sun Jun 1 07:46:24 UTC 2008

The parsercache is a cache which saves the parsed state of a page after
MW has parsed it, and it's retrieved from the cache instead of being
reparsed on each page view, up until the page is saved again, a or the
job que or a user purges it.

Believe it or not, but MediaWiki's parser is NOT fast. It is quite
inefficient, it's a big kludge made up of a huge pile of regexes and
other stuff. Not to mention that things like #ifexist and other things
end up doing a costly query to the database. Which in itself is
something that can quickly slow down a site by doing to many of those on
every page view.

~Daniel Friesen(Dantman) of:
-The Gaiapedia (http://gaia.wikia.com)
-Wikia ACG on Wikia.com (http://wikia.com/wiki/Wikia_ACG)