[Mediawiki-l] How to get support for your office wiki

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Thu Jan 31 16:55:55 UTC 2008

--On Wednesday, January 30, 2008 10:40 AM -0800 Jan Steinman
<Jan at Bytesmiths.com> wrote:

> But if the aversion to VPN is unwillingness to involve the corporate
> IT department... the VPN would probably be an easier sell. :-)

I *am* the IT department. ;)

I just hate having to go over to someone's house to debug their OpenVPN
setup. Especially when https is working just fine for our (secure)
Subversion access.

It sounds like I just need to run an htpasswd setup and have them log in
twice, once to Apache and once to MediaWiki.