[Mediawiki-l] Delete User contributions and Logs

DanTMan dan_the_man at telus.net
Wed Jan 30 03:13:28 UTC 2008

^_^ Actually, most of the maintenance scripts are just old cruft... Most
of them don't get any attention paid to them or are even maintained.
Previously stated as per: emufarmers at gmail.com

The only script I know of that's _confirmed_ to be safe to run under 1.11 is
update.php, but most of them _should_ work.  Probably.  Anyway, would you
run something called deleteOldRevisions.php without a backup?  :)

So running any of the mantenance scripts is fine, just don't be the
idiot that never backs up their database before trying something out.
Attempting to do anything involving database alterations is stupid if
you haven't backed up.

~Daniel Friesen(Dantman) of:
-The Gaiapedia (http://gaia.wikia.com)
-Wikia ACG on Wikia.com (http://wikia.com/wiki/Wikia_ACG)