[Mediawiki-l] template parameters within preformatted blocks

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 21:54:45 UTC 2008

On 28/01/2008, Frederik Dohr <fdg001 at gmx.net> wrote:
> > I just tried my method and it works for me (the one with
> > <pre<noinclude></noinclude>>).
>
> I'm running v1.11, and I've just tried it on Wikia's 1.12alpha - without
> success, I'm afraid:

I think 1.12alpha predates the new preprocessor - try it on Wikipedia
(or just take at look at my sandbox there:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Tango/Sandbox where I have it
working). It seems it is something different with the new
preprocessor. I don't know which is the intended behaviour... (Tim?
Care to comment?) I also don't know if there's another trick that will
work on older versions (since the preprocessor is still in the testing
phase, you may not want to update just yet - hopefully not long,
though, it's being tested on the English Wikipedia, so it must be
nearly ready).