[Mediawiki-l] Problem uploading Files

Herta Van den Eynde herta.vandeneynde at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 09:57:03 UTC 2008

On 28/01/2008, Rob Sharp <rob at boringbutgood.com> wrote:
> Does anyone have any ideas on this one...?
>
> I cannot seem to work out what is happening on this install.
>
> Rob
>
> Rob Sharp wrote:
> > Morning all,
> >
> > I've installed a fresh copy of Mediawiki on an Ubunto 7.10 server.
> > This is on a private network.
> >
> > Here is the Version output:-
> >
> >      * MediaWiki: 1.11.0
> >      * PHP: 5.2.3-1ubuntu6.3 (apache2handler)
> >      * MySQL: 5.0.45-Debian_1ubuntu3.1-log
> >

> > I'm having trouble with the Upload Files option.
> >
> > I'm trying to upload a .png image file. Initially when selected I was
> > getting a message along the lines of an invalid filetype despite png
> > being an allowed extension. I disabled mimetype checking to get round
> > this.
> >
> > Now I receive the following message whenever I try to upload anything:-
> >
> > Upload warning
> > This file contains HTML or script code that may be erroneously be
> > interpreted by a web browser.
> >
> > Any ideas how I can correct this?
> >
> > The images directory on my server is publically writeable.
> >
> > Rob

Curious, png 1.11.0 normally supports .png out of the box.

What is $wgFileExtensions in ./includes/DefaultSettings.php set to?

Rather than disabling mimetype checking, you'd normally add the
filetypes you want to allow to LocalSettings.php
$wgFileExtensions = array( 'png', 'gif', 'jpg', 'jpeg', 'doc', 'ppt',
'xls', 'pdf', 'msg', 'svg' );

Kind regards,

Herta
--
"Life on Earth may be expensive,
 but it comes with a free ride around the Sun."