[Mediawiki-l] Delete User contributions and Logs

Emufarmers Sangly emufarmers at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 09:16:51 UTC 2008

On Jan 28, 2008 4:06 AM, Herta Van den Eynde <herta.vandeneynde at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 28/01/2008, Mark (Markie) <newsmarkie at googlemail.com> wrote:
> > you can delete the page and then selectively restore some of the pages,
> ie
> > the last one that you want.
> >
> > regards
> >
> > mark
> >
> > On Jan 28, 2008 7:16 AM, Stabatha Cogsprocket <stabatha at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I'm not concerned about vandalism, and I do want to allow members to
> edit
> > > as
> > > it will be a community based Wiki.  I would just like to have any
> changes
> > > made in the site developement removed before we launch. So any future
> > > ranges
> > > would reflect on our launch date.

> template,
> > > you

> Or, from a WikiSysop account, export all pages with the "Include only
> the current revision, not the full history" option.  Then recreate the
> site (a quick way would be to delete the current installation and
> re-install), and import the exported pages.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Herta
> --
> "Life on Earth may be expensive,
>  but it comes with a free ride around the Sun."

If you're sure you want to delete all old revisions, and you've cleared any
potential licensing issues (if your wiki is licensed under a Creative
Commons license or the GDFL, you'll probably be violating the terms of the
license if you fail to attribute all edits), then you can run the
maintenance script called deleteOldRevisions.php. <
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Maintenance_scripts>

--
Arr, ye emus, http://emufarmers.com