[Mediawiki-l] Strange wiki behavior.

MinuteElectron minuteelectron at googlemail.com
Sat Jan 26 09:23:56 UTC 2008

John W Foster wrote:
> Well, since I don't know what Webrequest is right now I can't really
> guess. I will do a bit more research. It may be an extension that I do
> not have installed.
WebRequest is a part of the core code that deals with web client
interaction, for example it handles the query string at the end of the
URL (?title=Pagename etc.) and any data you submit via a form -
providing it in a useful form for other parts of the code. Platonides
was explaining that the WebRequest part of the code is meant to fix the
trouble you've been having, unfourtunatley, for some reason, it hasn't.
This may be a bug, but it should be noted that the installer won't let
you install MediaWiki while magic_quotes_runtime or magic_quotes_sybase
is enabled, this may or may not be related.

MinuteElectron.