[Mediawiki-l] Google Search and default error

Stabatha Cogsprocket stabatha at gmail.com
Sat Jan 26 00:16:24 UTC 2008

> > Lastly how would one get a custom error page within the wiki rather then
> the
> > server 404 page..  example - http://www.wowwiki.com/Cla
>
> You should automatically. What URLs are you getting 404's on? Take a
> look at http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Short_URLs for
> information on tidying up URLs (getting rid of the index.php bit) if
> that's what you're trying to do.<http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/mediawiki-l>

Yeah,  I did the short URL's yesterday.  Something like domain.com/Cla now
gives me an error page within MediaWiki, but domain.com/Cla/jjg/kkj I get "
The requested URL /Cla/jjg/kkj was not found on this server."  If you look
at www.wowwiki.com/Cla/jjg/kkj  they still get the error page.

Also where do I edit the template for a more custom 404 rather the the
default of There is currently no text in this page.... within MediaWiki.

Thanks!