[Mediawiki-l] Strange wiki behavior.

John W Foster johnwfoster at verizon.net
Fri Jan 25 06:12:04 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-01-24 at 23:44 +0100, Platonides wrote:
> John W Foster wrote:
> > OK scrub the first reply. I followed your tip and I had indeed enabled
> > the runtime use of Magic Quotes in my php.ini that is used by apache. I
> > disabled it and VOILA "NO MORE ERRORS. All is well again. Thanks for the
> > tips!!!!!
> > Frosty
>
> :-)
> I wonder why it appeared, though. WebRequest is supposed to
> fix_magic_quotes()...
Well, since I don't know what Webrequest is right now I can't really
guess. I will do a bit more research. It may be an extension that I do
not have installed. I have only a very few set up right now. I do want
to get most of the editing tools installed, though, so I will reply as I
get further along.
As I sid I am a real newbie in this wiki world.
Thanks!!
Frosty