[Mediawiki-l] relative headers?

Jim Wilson wilson.jim.r at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 17:48:02 UTC 2008

> E.g. when you have a generic article which uses headers, those headers
> may be right for some articles in which you want to transclude the
> generic article, but totally wrong for other articles.

If I understand your question correctly, you want to use wiki headings
in a transcluded page.

My recommendation would be to come up with a convention for the depth
of first headings in content pages which are meant to be transcluded.
So say you chose 3 - then all headers in a transcludable page would
have highest level headings === like this ===

There's no easy way to just "turn off" header processing for portions
of articles (transcluded or otherwise), to my knowledge.

-- Jim R. Wilson (jimbojw)