[Mediawiki-l] Strange wiki behavior.

Platonides Platonides at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 22:29:32 UTC 2008

John W Foster wrote:
> I recentlyhave this problem develop. I was doing some editing  and at
> some point I decided to open the main page of my wiki to my complete
> astonishment all the color blocks was gone and uopn looking ate the
> source code I discovered that every equal sign  = = = in the page had
> been replace with \'\'\'\' I checked several pages and it is consistant
> through out the entire wiki site. Anyone know what to do??
> Second issue is I believe this might a corrupt table in the database.
> Upon looking for the saved content I can not locate where the actual
> content is stored. The database seems OK but I wanted to look at some of
> the pages in a text viewer outside the wiki system. I don't know where
> Mediawiki is storing the content.  Any help please.
> Thanks!
> Frosty
>
> BTW if you want to take a look the wiki is http://www.physicswiki.net
> and I really need some pointers. I am new to managing a wiki siute.

Are you sure it's the = signs replace by \' and not ' replaced to \' ?
That seems more likely to me from the context. That would also be
explained by "features" like magic_quotes. Just that Mediawiki is magic
quotes aware. So my guess is that there's anything else reescaping the
page contents for the db.