[Mediawiki-l] increasing speed

DanTMan dan_the_man at telus.net
Wed Jan 23 16:36:48 UTC 2008

Are you using Memcached?

If you aren't and are able to it could be a good option. MediaWiki
caches a lot of data into Memcached if it is enabled, and it caches a
number of bits of data so that it does not need to query the database
for the same basic data on each page load, this cuts down on a large
number of those database queries which you think are slowing down the wiki.

~Daniel Friesen(Dantman) of:
-The Gaiapedia (http://gaia.wikia.com)
-Wikia ACG on Wikia.com (http://wikia.com/wiki/Wikia_ACG)
-and Wiki-Tools.com (http://wiki-tools.com)