[Mediawiki-l] increasing speed (report)

ruud habets rhabets at kgv.nl
Mon Jan 21 21:45:38 UTC 2008


Thomas Dalton schreef:
> On 21/01/2008, Georgi Hristozov <georgi at forkbomb.nl> wrote:
>   
>> ruud habets wrote:
>>     
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have succesfully moved my wiki site to another location and upgraded
>>> from 1.6.5 to 1.11.0. The new site works well, except for the speed in
>>> generating the pages. Even small pages take 10 seconds to be presented;
>>> 30 seconds is no exception. In order to try to increase the speed I wonder:
>>> - how can I determine what causes the delay (apache, php, memory, mysql?)
>>> - if it's php, what caching software do you suggest I should use?
>>>
>>> thnx in advance
>>>
>>>       
>> Hi,
>>
>> I would recommend you eAccelerator ( http://eaccelerator.net/ ).
>> Although it's not the fastest one, the performance boost is big. And it
>> is easy to use. ;) Good luck :)
>>     
>
> Small pages taking 10 seconds to load seems excessive to me,
> suggesting there is some underlying problem. Using an accelerator
> doesn't seem like the ideal solution.
>
> There is a profiler built into Mediawiki that should tell you where
> things are running slowly, from there it might be possible to work out
> what the problem is. I've never used it, but there are instructions
> here: http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/How_to_debug#Profiling
>
> _______________________________________________
> MediaWiki-l mailing list
> MediaWiki-l at lists.wikimedia.org
> http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/mediawiki-l
>   
After strugling some time with the profiler (my debugfile never showed 
any content) I tried  the Eaccelerator knowing this might (not) be the 
answer. But it was. It increased the speed significantly, whatever the 
cause was. Thanks!




More information about the MediaWiki-l mailing list