[Mediawiki-l] Thumbs problem after upgrade to 1.12alpha

Samuel Lampa samuel.lampa.l at rilnet.com
Sat Jan 19 18:58:17 UTC 2008

I found the problem. MediaWiki more or less constantly provide Thumb.php
with a width that is 1 pixel too large, which makes Thumb.php generate
an error. This applies for images that are smaller than the standard
size for thumbnails and the image previews at the image articles.

A bug in MediaWiki? Or something wrong with my configuration?

Example:
I have an image that I try to view with [[Image:MyImage.jpg|thumb]],
which creates a thumbnail with URL
http://my-server-url/w/thumb.php?f=MyImage&width=170, which  says
    " Image was not scaled, is the requested width bigger than the source?"
Manually changing the url to
http://server.com/w/thumb.php?f=MyImage&width=169 makes the image show up..

The same for an image that does not show up on the image article.
The preview image has URL
http://my-server-url/w/thumb.php?f=MyOtherImage&width=369, which says:
    " Image was not scaled, is the requested width bigger than the source?"
Manually changing the url to
http://server.com/w/thumb.php?f=MyOtherImage&width=368 again makes the
image show up..

// Samuel