[Mediawiki-l] Image Import

Adam Meyer meyer7 at mindspring.com
Wed Jan 16 00:34:26 UTC 2008

Here is what I sent to others

I put together a package at www.risdpedia.net/bulk.zip

It requires php 5 to work. And it uses the snoopy class (included in
the folder) to run. It just pretends to be a person who adds the pic
one at a time. But really quickly.

You just have to edit the the images.php file. At the top you will see:

$username  = '';
$password = '';
$website =
$dir = 'images/';

Just fill out the info between the single quotes. the username and
password here are that of an actual wiki user. It is needed so the
snoopy thing can be allowed to upload the images.

the dir should be fine.

I added the ability to require a password to run the script. hopefully
when you open images.php it will be obvious how to do that. If not, no
worries, just email me.

But you just upload the bulk folder then put all the images you want
up in the images folder i the bulk folder (bulk/images/) then just go
to your-wiki.net/bulk/images.php or where you put it.

Hit yes, and let it rip.

I have never had it fail on me, but if the images are too big, it may
skip over them, or stop. Just wait until it seems done, and see if
they are all uploaded.

In an other window you can watch it go by just going to recent images
on your wiki.

Hope this helps.

-Adam