[Mediawiki-l] Error 404 with Extension

Emufarmers Sangly emufarmers at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 12:27:07 UTC 2008

On Jan 15, 2008 6:52 AM, Brigitte Warnecke-Schaer <
brigitte.warnecke-schaer at datev.de> wrote:

> Hei,
>
> I'm running a local Wiki at our company. At the moment we use
> Standard-Namesspaces and Subpages.
>
> For a better Permissionmanagement I'd like to use SpecialNamespaces, which
> I'd
> like to manage with this
> http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Simple_namespaces
> Extension.
>
> I'm testing with Version 1.11.0
>
> I've followed the instructions in that document (database, Localsettings
> etc.)
> and have changed the following lines in the script:
>
> -----
>
> $wgExtensionCredits['specialpage'][] = array(
>   'name' => 'Special:Namespaces',
>   'description' => 'adds a special page to view and manipulate the
> namesp aces table.',
>   'url' => 'http://My-Server/test3/Extension:Simple_namespaces',
>   'author' => 'Carl Austin Bennett'
> );
>
> ------
>
> I can see Extension on the "Version" page. And I get it under
> Special:Namespaces and it works.
>
> The problem I have is that the Link to the Extension on the Version-page
> does
> not work. It tries to call:
>
> http://My-Server/test3/Extension:Simple_namespaces
>
> The result I get is Error 404, page not found.
>
> Has anyone have an idea, what the problem is?

 $wgExtensionCredits is just for identifying that the extension is in use
and providing attribution to its author; you shouldn't change it unless you
have a reason to do so. (That is, the URL for that variable should point to
the page on MediaWiki.org, not on your server.)

--
Arr, ye emus, http://emufarmers.com