[Mediawiki-l] Fwd: encryption of paasword

sharmishtha gupta sharmishtha.gupta at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 11:19:57 UTC 2008

Hi,

We want to disable Signup for new users in mediawiki and want to add
them into database manually. for this we want to understand the sequence
of function used to store a new user into mediawiki database. we looked
this:-
includes/GlobalFunctions.php

function wfEncryptPassword( $userid, $password ) {
        global $wgPasswordSalt;
        $p = md5( $password);

        if($wgPasswordSalt)
                return md5( "{$userid}-{$p}" );
        else
                return $p;
}

But need to know that where $wgPasswordSalt set its value and finally
where this function called to get encryted password.

Can you suggest sequence of storing a new user in mediawiki as this will
be of great help.

Thank you