[Mediawiki-l] Including one article into another

Herta Van den Eynde herta.vandeneynde at gmail.com
Sat Jan 12 18:44:34 UTC 2008

On 12/01/2008, Justin Geo Zaun <justin.zaun at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've been trying to figure out how to include one article into another
> for some time but can't seem to find out how. What I'm trying to do is
> create several articles that are included in another article. The idea
> is that changing Article 1 or Article 2 below would automatically
> change Article 3 and Article 4 below. Sorry for the longwinded
> explanation...
>
> Thanks,
> Justin
>

> Article 1
> ----
> * A
> * B
> * C
>

> Article 2
> ----
> *1
> *2
> *3
>
> Article 3 (sudo-markup)
> ----
> <include Article 1>
> <include Article 2>
>
> Article 3 (view)
> ----
> * A
> * B
> * C
> *1
> *2
> *3
>

> Article 4 (sudo-markup)
> ----
> <include Article 2>
> <include Article 1>
>
> Article 4 (view)
> ----
> *1
> *2
> *3
> * A
> * B
> * C

Yes, you can do that easily.  The process is called transclusion.

Your Article 3 would simply contain
{{:Article 1}}
{{:Article 2}}

And Article 4 would be:
{{:Article 2}}
{{:Article 1}}

Kind regards,

Herta

--
Herta Van den Eynde

"Life on Earth may be expensive,
 but it comes with a free ride around the Sun."