[Mediawiki-l] Possible way to combat spam?

Gabriel Millerd gmillerd at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 16:33:10 UTC 2008

On Jan 10, 2008 9:43 PM, Adam Meyer <meyer7 at mindspring.com> wrote:

> My wiki ( www.risdpedia.net ) has been under fierce attack by spam in
> the past week, and normally I would do the normal stuff to combat it,
> but my wiki is a little different. The people who use the site are
> anything but computer savvy, so I cant have them doing the captua
> thing, or even confirm edit. I even had to hide the login/create
> account at the top page because people thought that meant they had to
> create an account, and it was too much work. ( I know, I know).

So the spammers just use your homebrew /interface/ free for all page
article construction CGI / mechanism. Its a shame that people cannot
create an account, your work flow is pretty on target. You could
always take your custom workflow and queue it similar to a mailing
list and have the articles moderated.

--
Gabriel Millerd