[Mediawiki-l] Antwort: Re: Antwort: restrict anonymous views in mediawiki

amuenzeb at rockwellcollins.com amuenzeb at rockwellcollins.com
Thu Jan 10 13:22:19 UTC 2008

mediawiki-l-bounces at lists.wikimedia.org schrieb am 10.01.2008 13:45:50:

> We are including mediawiki application into one existing site.
> for this we made one wrapper to check the authenticity of the user from
> existing site,
> We want to allow only two types of users;-
> 1. which are present into the mediawiki database
> 2. which are authentic according to our wrapper but new to mediawiki
> database
>
> problem is, if someone directly gives mediawiki path to the browser then
he
> can easily click " create account" and login into mediawiki.
>
> How we prevent this anonymous user to login into mediawiki.

You can prevent access to the create-account page using the following
command in LocalSettings.php

$wgGroupPermissions['*'    ]['createaccount']   = false;

However, this effectivly prevents everybody from creating new accounts. If
you want members of some group in the wiki to still be able to create
accounts (substitutional for new users of course) you must explicitly
enable them. For instance:

$wgGroupPermissions['sysop']['createaccount']   = true;

If you want anonymous user to be able to request accounts rather than
instantly create them, you should take a look at the ConfirmAccount
extension:

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:ConfirmAccount

HTH,
        Arnd

> On 1/10/08, amuenzeb at rockwellcollins.com <amuenzeb at rockwellcollins.com >
> wrote:
> >
> > mediawiki-l-bounces at lists.wikimedia.org schrieb am 10.01.2008
10:55:35:

> > > We wish to restrict anonymous views to our mediawiki installation.
Every