[Mediawiki-l] Antwort: restrict anonymous views in mediawiki

sharmishtha gupta sharmishtha.gupta at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 12:45:50 UTC 2008

We are including mediawiki application into one existing site.
for this we made one wrapper to check the authenticity of the user from
existing site,
We want to allow only two types of users;-
1. which are present into the mediawiki database
2. which are authentic according to our wrapper but new to mediawiki
database

problem is, if someone directly gives mediawiki path to the browser then he
can easily click " create account" and login into mediawiki.

How we prevent this anonymous user to login into mediawiki.