[Mediawiki-l] Feature request.

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 17:01:10 UTC 2008

On 08/01/2008, Thomas Anderson <andersonthomas at gmail.com> wrote:

> I would like to have an option beside the "edit" link of a section of a
> page that says "history". When I would click that "history" link, I
> would get the history not for the whole page but only for that section.
> Maybe there is such an extension? Or a place where I can make this
> suggestion?

I don't think that's really possible with the current setup. For a
start, there's no real way to link a section in one revision to the
corresponding section in another. You can't do it by number, because
someone creating or removing a section above the one you're interested
in would change the number, and you can't do it by name because that's
often not unique and can be easily changed.