[Mediawiki-l] Is there a way to limit the size of images uploaded

Boris Epstein borepstein at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 18:50:32 UTC 2008

Itay,

There are two parameters that determine how big a file you can upload. They
are:

1) In /etc/php.ini:
upload_max_filesize = 2M
determines the maximum size of a file that PHP on your machine will take.
Modify that first.

2) In ./includes/DefaultSettings.php
$wgMaxUploadSize = 1024*1024*100; # 100MB
MediaWiki specific upload size limit

Hope this helps.

Boris.

On Jan 4, 2008 12:25 PM, Itay Ophir <itay at worldwideworkshop.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I noticed that when users upload large images (over 300K) the wiki has
> problems creating the thumbnails for them and sometimes I even get error
> messages.
>

> So, my question is - is there a way to limit the size of Only images that
> user upload?? Maybe using a filter for the file extension (gif,jpeg..)
>

> Thanks a lot,
>

> Itay Ophir

Boris Epstein
http://www.dogandponny.org/