[Mediawiki-l] Recent changes - setting number of days

Katharina Wolkwitz wolkwitz at fh-swf.de
Thu Jan 3 11:54:13 UTC 2008

Hi Peter,

there's a bug concerning the number of days for RecentChanges (which will be
corrected in the next version), so you need to hack the code and make the
following changes:

In [your-wiki-directory]/includes/SpecialPreferences.php change the following line:

$wgUser->setOption( 'rcdays', $this->validateInt( $this->mRecentDays, 1, 7 ) );

to these two lines:

global $wgRCMaxAge;
$wgUser->setOption( 'rcdays', $this->validateInt($this->mRecentDays,
1,ceil($wgRCMaxAge / (3600*24))));

In [your-wiki-directory]/LocalSettings.php add this line:
$wgRCMaxAge = 100 * 24 * 3600;

Then you can enter up to 100 days in your User-Preferences.

I do not know how or if you can change the values on the RecentChanges-Page though.

Good luck!