[Mediawiki-l] Broken Links etc

Emufarmers Sangly emufarmers at gmail.com
Tue Jan 1 18:51:20 UTC 2008

For internal links, there's Special:Wantedpages, which orders the results
for nonexistant pages by the number of links.

For a template, you can just make your own (or base it off the one you saw,
if you happen to remember where it was).  Wikipedia uses a template that
just adds a bit of superscript and a category <
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:Dead_link>, but they're not big on
huge, flashy templates for indicating problems.

If you want to have an actual list of broken external links, there is a
Python Wikipedia Bot script for that exact purpose <
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Weblinkchecker.py>.